London Paediatric Dentistry
Paediatric dentists are dedicated to the oral health of children, from infancy throughout the various stages of childhood and teenage years.
We are Expert Child Dentists
Paediatric dentists are highly trained in treating babies and children. All paediatric dentists have completed at least five years of dental school plus three additional years of hospital-based specialist training in dentistry for children. Our dentists are experienced in treating children with complex medical conditions and special needs.
WPD provides comprehensive oral health care for kids that includes:
- Oral health examinations
- Risk assessment for cavities and dental trauma
- Preventive dental care including cleaning and fluoride treatments
- Nutritional and dietary advice for babies and young children
- Habit counselling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking)
- Treatment and repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Treatment and management of dental trauma in both primary and permanent teeth (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
- Assessment and management of malocclusions (incorrect bite), with referral to a specialist orthodontist if necessary
- Management of gum diseases and conditions, including ulcers and paediatric periodontal disease
Specialist dental services for children
Treatments can be carried out under local anaesthesia in the dental chair or, if required and appropriate, under general anaesthesia in a private hospital setting.